School and Sports Physicals
Calling All Students!!
This is a reminder that school and sports physicals are being scheduled now.
Whether you have a new student, an athlete, or one heading off to college the annual physical is a time to review important milestones in your child’s growth and development. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends an annual checkup for children ages 2 through 21.
What to expect:
- Hearing and vision screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Measurements (i.e. height, weight, and BMI)
- Complete review of body systems
- Age appropriate guidance
- Healthy habits (i.e. eating, sleeping, exercise)
- Social concerns (i.e. smoking, drinking, peer pressure)
- Sports preparation ( i.e. conditioning and injury prevention)
- Scoliosis screening
- Vaccination review and administration
- To find more information on vaccinations please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website or telephone at 800-CDC-INFO
- Bring/wear corrective lenses for vision screening
- Know what tests are covered by your insurance
- Complete your portion of all forms prior to seeing physician
- Make a list of questions or concerns for the doctor
- Bring current immunization record
The annual/sports physical is important because it can track your child’s health and development. It can assess at risk children and help them build healthy living habits that will follow them throughout their lifetime.
Just a note, it is recommended that your physical be with your primary care physician as they know your child best.
Appointments are being scheduled now for school and sports physicals. Please contact us to make an appointment to see your family physician.